Folks, When is the best time to visit Europe weather-wise? Well… when is the best time to have a tempting ravioli pasta or a leisurely nap? The answer is obvious, summers!
Experience Tip: Summer in Europe means perfect weather. But it also means lots of crowds and an exodus of locals. The streets are full and everybody wants to bathe under the sun and explore the vivacious beaches all over the country.
The weather ranges from 20 degrees in May to a hotter 40 degrees in July-August.
The hottest day ever, happened to be on July 10, 1977 when the temperature reached 48 °C (118.4 °F) in both Athens and Elefsina, Greece, setting the official European record high. There’s also an unofficial record of the temperature climbing to 50 °C (122 °F) in Seville, Spain on August 4, 1881.
The best getaway in summers is beaches and Europe has the most beautiful beaches and they are vast in number. The most spectacular beaches are here:
1. La Concha Beach, San Sebastian, Spain
2.) Porthmeor Beach, UK
3.) Makarska Beach, Croatia
Just don’t go hoping for sand. Croatia is all about picturesque pebbled beaches, lapped by crystal clear water. Zlatni Rat is the best known, and adorns just about every travel brochure, so expect crowds, but there are gorgeous hidden spots on the mainland, such as Nugal, just south of Makarska.
4.) Eggremni Beach, Greece
5.) Cala Conta, Ibiza, Spain
If you are thinking to do exotic water sports and you are a nightlife person, then Ibiza is the best place for you. Ibiza is all about clubs, parties, boat parties, bars and performances by glamorous celebrities.
These are the major clubs on the island of Ibiza:
- Amnesia- located in the middle of the island, near San Rafael
- Benimussa Park- also known as ‘the Zoo’, open-air venue outside of San Antonio
- DC-10- located near the airport on the road to Las Salinas
- Destino- located at the end of Talamanca beach
- Es Paradis– located on the waterfront in San Antonio
- Eden– located on the waterfront in San Antonio
- Heart– located very near the Ibiza Town Marina
- Hï Ibiza– located on the main Playa d’en Bossa strip, opposite Ushuaïa
- Ibiza Rocks Hotel– located in the centre of San Antonio
- Ocean Beach– located along the Bay of San Antonio
- Pacha– located very near the Ibiza Town Marina
- Privilege– located in the middle of the island, near San Rafael
- Sankeys– located in the heart of Playa d’en Bossa
- Ushuaïa- located on the main Playa d’en Bossa strip, directly on the beach
6.) Nissi Beach, Cyprus
7.) Rabbit Beach, Italy
8.) Elafonissi Beach, Greece
Greek beaches consistently place in the top ten for best European beaches and best beaches overall, and for good merit. Each island has its own unique characteristics, so I encourage you to visit as many as you can. Some have crystal blue waters, while others are more turquoise in color. You might come across a beach with soft billowy sand, yet another with be covered in small pebbles or even seashells. The weather is perfect for beach outings from May through October.
9.) Navagio Beach, Zakynthos, Greece
10.) Zlatni Rat Beach, Croatia
11.) Tresaith Beach, UK
Hope this gives you a quick guide of how well you can spend summers in Europe.
P.S: Don’t forget to take a look at our handloom products to take along with your summer getaway:)